Re: Debian menu entry translations for squeeze

Regarding this slightly aged thread, what is the status of the "menu" translation process?

I notice this file is not yet on Pootle. I agree with the questions about priority: it's a very large file. I am unsure how many of my users would end up using it. (Also, where is the FreeDesktop menu file we are also supposed to translate?)

For me personally, having "menu" on Pootle would work best. Having it accessible via git and having regular reminders to update it would be my second choice. If we can get RSS per file, that will certainly help.

Bill, please give me write access (clytie-guest).

Just to clarify: this is a different file from menu-sections, isn't it?

On 27/01/2010, at 9:14 AM, Bill Allombert wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 10:09:48PM +0100, Helge Kreutzmann wrote:
>> Hello Christian,
>>
>> Could you also republish the original git repro which can be cloned by
>> transltors working on menu?
>
> (Note: I just renamed menu-messages to menu-entries to match menu.)
>
> To recap:
> The POT file is called menu-entries.pot and is generated daily and is
> available at:
> <http://people.debian.org/~ballombe/menu/menu-entries/menu-entries.pot>
> If you prefer a versioned version, it is available as a git repository:
> <http://people.debian.org/~ballombe/menu/menu-entries/.git>
> (this way you can easily check for update)
>
> Now the package itself is hosted on alioth:
> svn://svn.debian.org/svn/menu/trunk/menu-l10n
> If you want commit acces, please send me your alioth login.
> (I do not intend to commit menu-entries.pot there before the freeze,
> but of course I will commit and upload the translations).
>
>>> To achieve this, I probably need to clone the right branch, on
>>> i18n.debian.net, turn this in a "pootle" branch which you would merge
>>> in before releasing a new package version, when needed.
>>
>> Also it would be great if during freeze time as was suggested by Bill
>> a final call could be issued here (with links to the git version and
>> pootle) so translators would have a time window of 10 days or so
>> (given the number of strings, a few extra days wouldn't hurt) to
>> update their local copies and file bugs or push translations to
>> pootle.
>
> Well, as soon as the freeze is effective, I will change menu-entries.pot
> to track squeeze instead of sid and do a final call. I will also arrange
> for a menu string freeze.

And that's why I wondered what the status was, two months later. ;)

from Clytie

Vietnamese Free Software Translation Team