Best practice for packaging *spell

Hi there.

I'd like to adopt rus-ispell - Russian dictionary for
aspell/ispell/hunspell/myspell [1]

I'm not familiar with all this *spell staff and like to ask:
is there any Policy or best practice for such packages? Is there
somewhere the description of formats and tools used to generate one
dictionary from another?

E.g. I'd like to generate 2 versions of dictionaries with diacritical
marks and without, how to do this in more natural way? To put both
dictionary into one binary package and allow user's to choose one of
them in there cli/gui?

Best regards,
 Alexander GQ Gerasiov

 Contacts:
 e-mail:    gq@cs.msu.su             Jabber:  gq@jabber.ru
 Homepage:  http://gq.net.ru         ICQ:     7272757
 PGP fingerprint: 04B5 9D90 DF7C C2AB CD49  BAEA CA87 E9E8 2AAC 33F1