Re: How to send Bulgarian translation of iso-codes?

Damyan wrote:

> > The documentation[0] at debian installer site says that translations
> > are to be send to the translation project. On the other hand, the
> > page[1] at TP says that iso_3166 is assigned to someone outsite of TP
> > and my attempt to send translations there were rejected.
> >
> >     [0] http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/doc/i18n/ch01s05.html#id2708206
> >     [1] http://translationproject.org/domain/iso_3166.html (search for
> >         Bulgarian)
> >
> > So, which way is the "one true way" :) ?

Both..:-)

[0] focuses on ISO-3166 which is the only need of D-I. In the past, we
were treating iso-codes translations just like any other type of
Debian translation. So, we were directing users to the Debian BTS. As
a consequence, historically, several languages are managed directly in
Debian.

However, at some point, it was noticed that this was conflicting with
iso-codes being *also* registered in the TP, and several *other*
translations were coming through the TP.

Debian translators who were using the first method were not all very
keen to switch to the TP (that includes me for fr). TP translators
were in the same situation with an opposite stance (nl for
instance).

After discussion with TP admins, we settled on a middle choice:
translations that were already handled in Debian would be marked as
"external" in the TP and we would encourage *new* translations to come
through the TP.

That explains why [0] is now recommending to use the TP as this
document is mostly focused on new languages support.

Bulgarian translations are marked as external in the TP because you,
Damyan, are handling them inside Debian (with commit access, as Tobias
pointed).

I hope that this better explains the situation which, I admit, is not
simple..:-)