Re: Debian menu entry translations for squeeze

On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 07:58:34AM +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:
> (not sure if I should CC you, Bill)
>
> I would be delighted to help anyone in maintaining such package, for
> instance by stepping in as regular sponsor for that person in case
> (s)he is not a DD or DM.

Well, I offer to deal with the package for the time being and to host it
as part of the Debian menu alioth project.

> This topic is somethign we discussed several times with Bill in the past.
>
> My only concern as of now is about the future of the Debian
> menu. Apparently, this is a debated topic, particularly while the
> major desktop systems seem to use another menu system.

A lot of programs are only listed in the Debian menu thought.

> I would very much welcome a discussion on -devel to better figure out
> if there's a general consensus that the i18n community should put some
> investment in such maintenance.

So, are Debian L10N willing to do this translations ?

Cheers,
--
Bill. <ballombe@debian.org>

Imagine a large red swirl here.