Re: Intent to NMU cpad-kernel to fix pending po-debconf l10n bugs

Hi Christian,

On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 08:47:47AM +0100, Christian Perrier wrote:
> The cpad-kernel Debian package, which you are the maintainer of, has
> pending bug report(s) which include translation updates or fixes
> for po-debconf, namely bug number 513667 (and maybe other similar bugs).

For this particular package, it may just be best to get it removed for
squeeze now.  It's a kernel driver for an exotic touch pad gizmo that
was only ever seen in the wild on one particular species of laptop.

Mine is all but extinct now, as I suspect are many of the others too.
There's an RC bug at #525887, which would hold up your NMU anyhow,
and if my machine won't run long enough to actually test that it works,
then probably we should just call it a day on this one.

I've hung on to it this long in case someone who did still have a
working device came along to pick it up, but that's probably not a
justification for just leaving it in releases any longer.

You can probably put this one on your ignore list fairly safely for
now I'd say...  unless someone with working hardware comes along,
very soon now, there isn't a lot we can do to save it really.

Cheers,
Ron