Re: isdnutils 1:3.9.20060704-5: Please translate debconf PO for the package isdnutils

Quoting Esko Arajärvi (edu@iki.fi):
> Hi,
>
> On Monday 12 October 2009, Christian Perrier wrote:
> > The debian-l10n-english team has reviewed the debconf templates for
> > isdnutils. This opens an opportunity for new translations to be sent
> > for that package.
>
> There seems to be some problem with the po file I got. When I try to check the
> translation with podebconf-display-po, it gives the following error:
>
> Template #28 in /tmp/Vc6ibm1asA has a duplicate field "choices" with new value
> "other, dummy2". Probably two templates are not properly separated by a lone
> newline.
>
> There's a suspicious looking entry:
>
> #. Type: select
> #. Choices
> #. Type: select
> #. DefaultChoice
> #. Translators:
> #. Please choose among
> #. "Austria, France, Germany, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Spain,
> Switzerland, other"
> #: ../isdnlog.templates:2001 ../isdnlog.templates:2002
> msgid "other"
> msgstr ""

Everything is correct. This case is one of the cases
podebconf-display-po is unable to properly cope with.

This entry is correct. Translators are supposed to put their country
there....if it is in the proposed list. Otherwise, they need to choose
"other". So, the Finnish translator will choose "other" while the
German will choose "Germany" (and *not* "Deutschland").

That could deserve a little bit more explanation in the comment, I
admit.