Re: [D-I] Please test Debian Installer with console-setup (4th version)

(Please keep both lists CC'ed)

Quoting Yuri Kozlov (yuray@komyakino.ru):
> On Sat, 11 Jul 2009 14:20:49 +0200
> Christian Perrier <bubulle@debian.org> wrote:
>
> > As Anton Zinoviev made more changes to console-setup, I reupdated "my"
> > builds with a 4th version that is using console-setup 1.44:
> >
> > http://people.debian.org/~bubulle/d-i/mini-cs-i386.iso
> > http://people.debian.org/~bubulle/d-i/gtk-mini-cs-i386.iso
>
> (QEMU) In Russian:
> console-setup asks a questions twise -- first at beginning installation and
> second when installation of 'console-setup' package happened.

Yes, this is something that should really be avoided.

Anton, any idea why this happens?

> Not all Russia keyboad layout names is translated:
>  "Russia - Legacy";
>  "Russia - Ossetian, legacy";
>  "Russia - Chuvash";
>  "Russia - Udmurt";
>  "Russia - Chuvash Latin";
>  "Russia - Komi";
>  "Russia - Yakut";
>  "Russia - Kalmyk";
> I can not found how they may be translated.

This comes from xkeyboard-config. Translations are handled upstream in
the Translate Project.

> If I reset selection all tasks in tasksel I get installed package
> wfinnish - small finnish dictionary
> Why?

I think this is an unrelated bug.

> After reboobing:
> Cyrrilic letters is visible.
> Keyboard layout switch (I select Winlogo) is not working.

What happens if you run "dpkg-reconfigure console-setup" on the
installed system?