Re: debian-policy & developers-reference translations?

On Thu,02.Jul.09, 22:49:23, Paul Wise wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It appears that there are no debian-policy translations and very few
> developers-reference translations.
>
> Does anyone know why these documents seem to have been relatively
> neglected by translators?

I can't speak for others, but I would refrain from translating those
documents, unless there would be nothing else to translate.

Besides, translating debian-policy is like translating legal texts: not
to be attempted unless you are *very* familiar with specific wording
both in the source language and the target language[1].

[1] I did translate the BSD-3 licenses to Romanian, but had to wear
quite thick asbestos underwear when I asked for review by other
translators. I'm glad somebody else translated the GPL before me.

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)