Re: [Debian-l10n-devel] SSL support for the services on i18n.debian.net

On Wed, Jul 01, 2009 at 12:33:35AM +0900, Junichi Uekawa wrote:
> At Mon, 29 Jun 2009 18:36:14 +0200,
> Christian Perrier wrote:
> > Quoting Hideki Yamane (henrich@debian.or.jp):
> > >
> > >  Any progress for this?
> >
> > Not really, I'm afraid.
>
> I think CACert would be slightly better.
>
> But a certificate would only increase the false notion of security.
> How about distributing a developer GPG-clearsigned SSL certificate so
> that there is a path of trust to the SSL cert?

Get the SSL certificate of i18n.d.n signed by ca.debian.org ?
(like nm.debian.org). This way Debian OS will consider the certificate
as valid (remember ca-certificates package).

But I fear being under debian.net domain instead of debian.org will
make the thing more difficult or impossible ..

--
Simon Paillard