Re: Problems in the po file you sent for translation

Quoting Esko Arajärvi (edu@iki.fi):

> The second issue concerns the new ldap-reqcert template which should have
> translatable choices. This is achived by putting two underscores before the
> Choices line. I would also split the last part to its own chapter. So, the
> correct form would be:
>
> Template: libnss-ldapd/ldap-reqcert
> Type: select
> __Choices: never, allow, try, demand

> I'm not sure whether the choices of the libnss-ldapd/nsswitch should be
> translatable also, but I vaguely remember that this was discussed earlier and
> that they shouldn't be. I copy them here below so that others can easily give
> their opinion.

1) Choices should be translatable
2) The interrogative form should be avoided (it should be kept for
boolean templates). It then becomes tricky to find a good
synopsis. The less worse is probably "Check server's SSL certificate:"
(the possessive form seems needed here)

> Template: libnss-ldapd/nsswitch
> Type: multiselect
> Choices: aliases, ethers, group, hosts, netgroup, networks, passwd, protocols,
> rpc, services, shadow

As others, and Arthur, I don't think these should be
translatable. They are file names.