Re: templates of mathematica-fonts

(no need to CC me)

Quoting Helge Kreutzmann (debian@helgefjell.de):

> > I plan to upload a new package mathematica-fonts, which
> > is a renamed version-up of ttf-mathematica4.1
> >
> > It contains a debconf templates file which is almost same
> > as that of old ttf-mathematica4.1
> >
> > What is a decent way for me?  Upload mathematica-fonts and
> > wait for translations or wait translations before uploading?
>
> I would suggest dropping in the previous translations, running
> debconf-updatepo and then requesting updated translations using
> podebconf-report-po(1). After a sensible delay (> 10 days) you can
> then use the updated translations for the initial upload, adding more
> translations if and when they arrive.

Helge gave about the same answer I would have given.

I would just add to this a suggestion to post the changes you plan to
do, here (debian-i18n). We might be able to help spotting the best
appropriate method to handle things out.

If you do so, please post a full file, plus the diff between the two versions.