Re: Alioth Project Denied

Quoting Raphael Hertzog (hertzog@debian.org):

> I guess you need to be part of the project first, otherwise you don't have
> an Unix account and thus you don't need SSH keys. The "shell account
> informations" are directly on the mentioned page once that is the case.
>
> Get in touch with debian-boot@lists.debian.org to be added as translator
> of the debian-installer.

I got a notice from Colin Watson about a possible translator for
Persian language.

In case this is indeed you, I suggest you first read through
http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/doc/i18n/ to get the picture about how
localisation of Debian Installer (which the Ubuntu installer directly
derives from) is working.

Once you've gone through this and are familiar enough with the work
method, then we'll have a look at we can can do for Persian. Some
translation effort was started in the past, then got hosed because the
translator vanished. So, the "New Language Process" is not to be
entirely completed in the case of Persian but, as this is the common
learning curve for new translators, we could go through it anyway.

Please get in touch with me by private mail or, if you're lucky to
find me on IRC (#debian-i18n on irc.debian.org, nickname "bubulle").

Ah, I also suggest you use you "real" name by mail as, being somewhat
old-fashioned, I appreciate talking to real people..:-)