Re: drivel 2.0.3-4: Please translate the package drivel

On Tue, 24 Mar 2009 02:08:50 +0000
Américo Monteiro <a_monteiro@netcabo.pt> wrote:

> > Please send the updated file to me, or submit it as a wishlist bug
> > against drivel.
> >
> > The deadline for receiving the updated translation is
> > 30-03-2009.
> >
> > If you have read so far, please find the POT file in attachment.
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
>
> Hi, where can i get the old portuguese translation (pt.po) ?

I'm trying to sort out drivel upstream because the POT and PO files in
the package are out of date. To get the correct versions use:

$ apt-get source drivel
$ cd drivel-2.0.3/po
$ intltool-update -r

This produces exactly the same POT file as when generating the package
from source using configure and then updates each PO file with that
updated POT file, resulting in all the missing and fuzzy strings
indicated in the original message.

For some reason, the Gnome translators have all received a very old POT
file that was not updated before being sent and therefore all their
figures claim 100% when none are actually at 100%. Despite Gnome
"taking care" of drivel translations, nobody appears to have bothered
checking that the POT file is up to date in the three years since the
last upstream release (this despite drivel being hosted at
svn.gnome.org where everyone with a Gnome account could have checked
the file and committed any changes).

I've sent the updated pt.po file to Américo Monteiro off-list.

--

Neil Williams