Re: drivel 2.0.3-4: Please translate the package drivel

On Thu, 12 Mar 2009 00:25:51 +0100
Daniel Nylander <po@danielnylander.se> wrote:

> ons 2009-03-11 klockan 22:49 +0000 skrev Neil Williams:
>
> > Should also mention that I'm also doing upstream work on drivel and it's
> > yet to be decided whether drivel will stay with Gnome svn anyway. I'll
> > take care of merging translations with the new version but there may
> > well be changes before that is released.
>
> Please send a mail to gnome-i18n to get some translator attention.
>
> http://l10n.gnome.org/module/drivel/

Sadly, none of those figures are correct because they are all based on
an out-of-date POT file. I can't see an email address for gnome-18n on
that page and I did a --withtranslators call so at least some of the
Last-Translator's should also have been notified. It has been so long
since anyone bothered with the drivel POT file upstream that I got a
lot of bounced emails.

(I've no idea what is happening with the branch that is listed on that
site, it has no relation to the actual source package or any released
tarball. Those look like completely wasted translations - I will do
what I can to merge those with the existing ones to see if there are
some strings that can be salvaged.)

I expected to get in what I could from the first call and then post
here again with details of the languages that failed to be updated
to seek new translators. In many ways, this is a clean restart in drivel
- most of what has gone before has to be redone and any plans that were
unfinished when 2.0.3 was released have to be seen only as salvage.

--

Neil Williams