Re: SPAM in DDTSS

On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 12:56:00PM +0100, Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
> That's a dumb spammer, given that the DDTSS is not in any search
> engine I'm not sure what they're trying to achieve. I'm not sure how
> you can prevent it either, other than requiring a login to edit which
> only one language has asked for.
>
> Note that the simple method of this spammer won't affect most
> translations because they're more than one paragraph, so the inserted
> text would be rejected out of hand for most cases. I suppose we could
> blackhole the IP. Any other ideas?

 * I would expect SPAMS to contain links.
 * I also expect links in the translation to be the same as in the original
   description.

Could these 2 assumptions be used to audit the database from time to time
(or providing a list of potential SPAM on the front page of DDTSS)

Should we add this check to the script which checks the translations
before hey are prepared for the FTP-Masters?

Best Regards,
--
Nekral