Re: Call for translations: Release announcement

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 5:59 PM, Alexander Reichle-Schmehl
<tolimar@debian.org> wrote:
> [ Sorry if you get that mail twice; I'm trying to get as much
>  translations as possible, therefore some BCCs ]
>
> Hi!
>
> Attached you'll find the final draft for the release announcement for
> lenny. There are no changes in the content planed any more, only
> corrections for spelling, grammar and maybe style, so that's the perfect
> moment to start translating the announcement.
>
> As explained in [1] we'll need in the end the translated wml file and a
> text version to be send to your localised debian-news-LANG or
> debian-users-LANG mailing list.
>
> If you finish the translation of the wml file before Saturday 14:00 UTC
> please sent it to me, so I can make sure all the announcements reach the
> website in a coordinated way and are available as soon the release is ready.
>

> Regarding the text versions send to the mailing list:  If your list is
> moderated (all debian-news-LANG lists and I think some
> debian-users-LANG) I would appreciate to get a contact person to ping
> when the mail should be sent out; if your list is not moderated (you
> don't have a debian-news-LANG list and your debian-user-LANG list is not
> moderated) you may send me your translated text version, too and I'll
> send can send it out for (unless you fear a latin1 charset user might
> break your characters).
>
> The current estimation for the announcement to be sent out is Sunday the
> 15th early morning UTC wise; I'll try to keep the contact people I get
> up to date should that shift (which is possible), so they don't have to
> stay nearby the computer all the time (after all it's - depending on
> your time zone - valentines day or Sunday).
>

> The most recent version of the announcement is available at [2]; but as
> said, there are no major changes planed.  Should be interested in
> changes you can use the web frontend at [3] (you got revision 91; you
> can also show the differences between the revisions there).
>

> I'll add the translations I got to my subversion repository at [4];
> shouldn't it not appear there and I didn't react on your mail, PLEASE
> PING ME!  Last time I lost some translations due to my spam filter; even
> while weakening the filter a lot it is possible that I missed your mail
> somehow. (I'm very sorry should that happen.)
>

> Should there be any questions left, feel free to mail me or ping me on IRC.
>

> Best regards,
>  Alexander
>
> Links:
>  1: http://lists.debian.org/debian-i18n/2009/02/msg00076.html
>  2:
> http://svn.schmehl.info/svn/debian-publicity/20090214-lenny-release/lenny-announcement.en.wml
>  3:
> http://svn.schmehl.info/websvn/listing.php?repname=debian-publicity&path=%2F20090214-lenny-release

   Hello Alexander.

  I has been translate the Lenny Announcement to spanish
and I was send you attached.

   In line 151 I found a typo "beed" that should to be replaced by "been".
I correct this typo an O vas send you attached too.

   Best regards,

--
Roger Orellana
<define-tag pagetitle>Debian GNU/Linux 5.0 released</define-tag>

Debian GNU/Linux version 5.0 (codenamed <q>lenny</q>) after 22 months of
constant development.  Debian GNU/Linux is a free operating system which
supports a total of twelve processor architectures and includes the KDE,
GNOME, Xfce and LXDE desktop environments.  It also features
compatibility with the FHS v2.3 and software developed for
version 3.2 of the LSB.</p>

systems to supercomputers, and on nearly everything in between.  A total
of twelve architectures are supported: Sun SPARC (sparc), HP Alpha
(alpha), Motorola/IBM PowerPC (powerpc), Intel IA-32 (i386), IA-64
(ia64), HP PA-RISC (hppa), MIPS (mips, mipsel), ARM (arm, armel), IBM
+S/390 (s390), and AMD64 and Intel EM64T (amd64).</p>

devices based on the Orion platform, such as the QNAP Turbo Station,
HP mv2120, and Buffalo Kurobox Pro as well as Netbooks, such as the EEE PC
by Asus. Debian GNU/Linux 5.0 <q>Lenny</q> also contains the build tools for Emdebian which
allow Debian source packages to be cross-built and shrunk to suit embedded ARM systems.</p>

This new port provides a more efficient use of both modern and future ARM
processors. As a result, the old ARM port (arm) has now been deprecated.</p>

the K Desktop Environment 3.5.10 (KDE), an updated version of the GNOME
desktop environment 2.22.2, the Xfce 4.4.2 desktop environment, LXDE
0.3.2.1, the GNUstep desktop 7.3, X.Org 7.3, OpenOffice.org 2.4.1, GIMP
2.4.7, Iceweasel (an unbranded version of Mozilla Firefox 3.0.6), Icedove
(an unbranded version of Mozilla Thunderbird 2.0.0.19),
PostgreSQL 8.3.5, MySQL
5.1.30 and 5.0.51a, GNU Compiler Collection 4.3.2, Linux kernel version
2.6.26, Apache 2.2.9, Samba 3.2.5, Python 2.5.2 and 2.4.6, Perl 5.10.0,
PHP 5.2.6, Asterisk 1.4.21.2, Emacs 22, Inkscape 0.46, Nagios 3.06, Xen
Hypervisor 3.2.1 (dom0 as well as domU support), OpenJDK 6b11 and more than 23,000 other ready to use
software packages (build from over 12,000 source packages).</p>
<!-- FIXME:  PostgreSQL might become 8.3.6 -->

with most hardware. Newly introduced packages allow the full support of
NTFS filesystems or the usage of most multimedia keys out of the box.
Support for Adobe&#174; Flash&#174; format files are available via the swfdec
or Gnash plugin.
Overall improvements for notebooks have been introduced, like out of the
box support of CPU frequency scaling. For leisure time several new games have
been added including puzzle games as well as first-person shooters.  A notable change
is the introduction of <q>goplay</q>, a graphical games browser offering filters, search,
screenshots and descriptions for games in Debian.</p>

into Debian GNU/Linux 5.0 makes it possible to ship Java based
applications in Debian's "main" repository.</p>

installation of available security updates before the first reboot by the
installation system, the reduction of setuid root binaries and open ports
in the standard installation as well as building several
security-critical packages with GCC Hardening features. Various
applications have specific improvements, too. PHP for example is now
built with the Suhosin hardening patch.</p>

translated package descriptions which will automatically show the description
of a package in the native language of the user if available.</p>

as DVDs, CDs, USB sticks and floppies, or from the network.  GNOME is the
default desktop environment and is contained on the first CD.  The K
Desktop Environment (KDE), the Xfce or the LXDE desktop can be installed
through two new alternative CD images.  Again available with Debian
GNU/Linux 5.0 are multi-arch CDs and DVDs supporting installation of
multiple architectures from a single disc as well as Blu-ray Discs
allowing the archive for an entire architecture to be shipped on a single
installation medium.</p>

now also be directly used without prior installation. These special
images are also known as live images and are available for CDs, USB
sticks and different forms of network setups. Initially, these are
provided for the amd64 and i386 architectures only.</p>

many ways: among many other improvements,
support for installation from more than one CD or DVD has been
restored, firmware required by some devices can be loaded by using
removable media and installations via braille display are supported
The installer boot process has also received much attention: a graphical
menu can be used to choose front-ends and desktop environments, and to
select expert or rescue mode.
The installation system for Debian GNU/Linux has now
been translated to 63 languages.</p>

recommended way), jigdo or HTTP;  see <a href="$(HOME)/CD/">Debian
GNU/Linux on CDs</a> for further information.  It will soon be available
on DVD, CD-ROM and Blu-ray Disc from numerous <a href="$(HOME)/CD/vendors">vendors</a>,
too.</p>

GNU/Linux 4.0 (codenamed <q>etch</q>) are automatically handled by the
aptitude package management tool for most configurations, and to a
certain degree also by the apt-get package management tool.  As always,
Debian GNU/Linux systems can be upgraded painlessly, in place, without
any forced downtime, but it is strongly recommended to read the <a
href="$(HOME)/releases/lenny/releasenotes">release notes</a> for
possible issues, and for detailed instructions on installing
and upgrading.  The release notes will be further improved and
translated to additional languages in the weeks after the release.</p>

<h2>Dedication</h2>

died on December 26th, 2008 in a tragic car accident.
Thiemo was involved in Debian in many ways.  He has maintained several
packages and was the main supporter of the Debian port to the MIPS
architectures.  He was also a member of our kernel team, as well as a
member of the Debian Installer team.  His contributions reached far
beyond the Debian project.  He also worked on the MIPS port of the
Linux kernel, the MIPS emulation of qemu, and far too many smaller
projects to be named here.</p>

share this with others will be missed. The contributions of Thiemo will
not be forgotten.  The high standards of Thiemos work make it hard to
pick up.</p>

<h2>About Debian</h2>

thousand volunteers from all over the world who collaborate via the
Internet.  Debian's dedication to Free Software, its non-profit nature,
and its open development model make it unique among GNU/Linux
distributions.</p>

dedication to the Debian Social Contract, and its commitment to provide
the best operating system possible.  Debian 5.0 is another important step
in that direction.</p>

<h2>Contact Information</h2>

&lt;press@debian.org&gt;.</p>
<define-tag pagetitle>Debian GNU/Linux 5.0 publicado</define-tag>
<define-tag release_date>2009-02-14</define-tag>
#use wml::debian::news

Debian GNU/Linux versión 5.0 (bajo el nombre de <q>lenny</q>) luego de 22 meses
de constante desarrollo. Debian GNU/Linux es un sistema operativo libre que
soporta un total de doce arquitecturas de procesador e incluye los
entornos de escritorio KDE, GNOME, Xfce y LXDE. También ofrece compatibilidad
con es estándar FHS v2.3 y software desarrollado para la versión 3.2 de LSB.</p>

de mano hasta supercomputadoras, y casi cualquier otra en medio. Un total
de doce arquitecturas están soportadas: Sun SPARC (sparc), HP Alpha
(alpha), Motorola/IBM PowerPC (powerpc), Intel IA-32 (i386), IA-64
(ia64), HP PA-RISC (hppa), MIPS (mips, mipsel), ARM (arm, armel), IBM
+S/390 (s390), y AMD64 de AMD y EM64T de Intel (amd64).</p>

dispositivos basados en la plataforma Orion, tales como QNAP Turbo Station,
HP mv2120 y Buffalo Kurobox Pro al igual que Netbooks, tales como EEE PC
de Asus. Debian GNU/Linux 5.0 <q>Lenny</q> también incluye la herramienta de contrucción
para Emdebian el cual permite que los paquetes fuente de Debian puedan ser contruídos
de manera cruzada y a la vez reducirlos para adaptarse a sistemas ARM.</p>

Esta nueva adaptación permite un uso más eficiente tanto de los modernos como futuros
procesadores ARM. Dando como resultado que la antigua adaptación de ARM (arm) sea obsoleta.</p>

actualizados, como el entorno de escritorio K Desktop Environment 3.5.10 (KDE),
una versión actualizada del entorno de escritorio GNOME 2.22.2,
el entorno de escritorio Xfce 4.4.2, LXDE 0.3.2.1, el escritorio GNUstep 7.3,
X.Org 7.3, OpenOffice.org 2.4.1, GIMP 2.4.7, Iceweasel (una versión de Mozilla Firefox 3.0.6
sin marca registrada), Icedove (una versión de Mozilla Thunderbird 2.0.0.19
sin marca registrada), PostgreSQL 8.3.5, MySQL 5.1.30 y 5.0.51a, la colección de
compiladores del GNU (GCC) 4.3.2, el kernel Linux versión 2.6.26, Apache 2.2.9,
Samba 3.2.5, Python 2.5.2 y 2.4.6, Perl 5.10.0, PHP 5.2.6, Asterisk 1.4.21.2,
Emacs 22, Inkscape 0.46, Nagios 3.06, Xen Hypervisor 3.2.1 (con soporte tanto para dom0 como para domU),
OpenJDK 6b11 y más de 23,000 paquetes de software adicionales listos para ser
usados (contruídos a partir de 12,000 paquetes fuente).</p>
<!-- FIXME:  PostgreSQL might become 8.3.6 -->

con la mayor parte de hardware existente. Recientemente se introdujeron
paquetes que permiten el soporte pleno para el sistema de archivos
NTFS y para la utilización de teclas multimedia sin mayor esfuerzo.
El soporte para el formato de archivos Flash&#174; de Adobe&#174; está disponible
por medio de swfdec o el complemento Gnash.
Se introdujeron mejoras globales para portátiles, como el escalado de
frecuendia de CPU. Para el tiempo libre se han añadido varios juegos
entre ellos rompecabezas y juegos de disparador en primera persona. Un cambio notable
es la introducción de <q>goplay</q>, un navegador gráfico de juegos que permite
filtrar, buscar, ver descripciones e instantáneas de los juegos en Debian.</p>

en Debian GNU/Linux 5.0 hace posible la distribución de las aplicaciones basadas
en Java dentro del repositorio principal de Debian.</p>

de actualizaciones de seguridad disponibles antes del primer reinicio del
sistema de instalación, la reducción de binarios con el bit setuid de root activado
y de puertos abiertos en la instalación estándar así como la contrucción de paquetes
críticos para la seguridad con las caracteríasticas de GCC Hardening. Varias aplicaciones
tienen mejoras específicas. Por ejemplo, PHP ha sido contruído con el parche Suhosin.</p>

de paquetes permite descripciones traducidas de los paquetes con lo que se
mostrarán automáticamente las descripciones de los paquetes en el idioma
nativo del usuario si estas están disponibles.</p>

instalación, como DVDs, CDs, memorias USB y diskettes, e incluso
directamente desde la red. El entorno de escritorio por predeterminado es GNOME,
y se encuentra en el primer CD. Los entornos de escritorio KDE, Xfce y LXDE
pueden instalarse utilizando las dos nuevas imágenes de CD alternativas. De nuevo se
encuentran disponible CDs y DVDs multi-arquitectura para Debian GNU/Linux 4.0, que
permiten la instalación de varias arquitecturas desde un solo disco al igual que
Discos Blu-ray, lo que permite distribuir en un único medio de instalación todos
los archivos para una arquitectura completa.</p>

puede ser utilizado directamente sin necesidad de instalarlo previamente. Estas imágenes
especiales son conocidad como imágenes autónomas y están disponibles para CDs, memorias USB
y diversas formas de configuración de red. Inicialmente, estas imágenes
estarán disponibles sólo para las arquitecturas amd64 e i386.</p>

de diversas formas: entre otras mejoras, el soporte para la instalación
a partir de más de un CD o DVD se ha restaurado, el firmware requerido por
algunos dispositivos se puede cargar utilizando medios extraíbles y
la instalación por medio de dispositivos braille está soportada.
El proceso de instalación ha recibido mucha atención: se puede utilizar
un menú gráfico para elegir la interfaz y el entorno de escritorio y
para seleccionar el modo experto o de rescate. La instalación del
sistema para Debian GNU/Linux ahora está traducido a 63 idiomas.</p>

(la manera recomendada), jigdo o HTTP; vea <a href="$(HOME)/CD/">Debian
GNU/Linux en CDs</a> para más información. Pronto estará disponible

GNU/Linux 4.0 (bajo el nombre <q>etch</q>) son manejadas automáticamente
a través de la herramienta de gestión de paquetes aptitude para la mayoría
de las configuraciones, y hasta cierto punto también por la herramienta de
gestión de paquetes apt-get. Como siempre, los sistemas Debian GNU/Linux
pueden ser actualizados sin problemas, en el momento y sin que haya que
dejar los servicios fuera de funcionamiento, sin embargo se recomienda
fuertemente que se consulten las <a href="$(HOME)/releases/lenny/releasenotes">notas de publicación</a>
para leer sobre posibles inconvenientes a tener en cuenta y para instrucciones
detallasdas en relación a la instalación y actualización. Las notas de publicación serán mejoradas y traducidas
a más lenguajes en las próximas semanas.</p>

<h2>Dedicatoria</h2>

falleció en un trágico accidente de tránsito el pasado 26 de Diciembre de 2008.
Thiemo estaba involucrado con Debian de diversas maneras. Él mantenía
varios paquetes y era el principal mantenedor de la adaptación a la arquitectura MIPS de Debian.
También era miembro de nuestro equipo para el kernel al igual que
del equipo del Instalador de Debian. Sus contribuciones van más allá
del proyecto Debian. Él tambien trabajó con la adaptación a MIPS del
kernel Linux, la emulación de qemu para MIPS, y una gran cantidad de
pequeños proyectos.</p>

para compartirlo con los demás se extrañará. Las contribuciones de Thiemo
no serán olvidadas. Los elevados estándares de trabajo de Thiemo serán
difíciles de alcanzar.</p>

<h2>Acerca de Debian</h2>

mil voluntarios alrededor del mundo, que colaboran a través de
Internet. La dedicación de Debian al Software Libre, su naturaleza sin
fines de lucro y su modelo de desarrollo abierto la hacen única dentro de
las distribuciones de GNU/Linux.</p>

dedicación al Contrato Social de Debian, y su compromiso por proveer el
mejor sistema operativo posible. Debian 4.0 es otro importante paso en esa
dirección.</p>

<h2>Información de contacto</h2>

&lt;press@debian.org&gt;.</p>