Re: how to handle i18n Description field in debian/control file?

Quoting Thomas Harding (thomas.harding@laposte.net):

> Well, my goal is not to translate, but to allow translations
> of control files "Description" field, as for po-debconf for
> debconf.

Well, then the summary can be: just don't do anything..:-)

> So, a good way will be to keep the good ddtp system, and giving package
> maintainers the ability to incorporate the translations in their
> packages, together with an extraction system (maybe a TimeStamp: field
> will be usefull, too :).

There is IMHO no need for maintainers to incorporate description
translations in packages. The current system is pretty efficient and
avoids cluttering debian/control with dozens of translations (well,
ideally....).