Re: changes in dbconfig-common templates

Quoting sean finney (seanius@debian.org):
> hey everyone,
>
> i've been spending some TLC time with one of my packages, dbconfig-common,
> which is currently facing some debconf related warnings for which i'd like
> some feedback.
>
> i could of course just fix them directly, but if there's a method that you
> recommend to update them minimizes work for translators, i'm all ears :)
> i suppose the using-question-in-extended-description will result in new
> strings regardless, but for the malformed title ones i was thinking that i

New strings, I can't tell, but fuzzied ones, certainly.

> might be able to just drop the punctuation and automatically unfuzzy the
> strings?

I would recommend against doing so *if* you also modify some strings
elsewhere.

The malformed title is probably a title looking like a sentence or
having a final dot. At least giving translators a way to correct the
same mistakes in their translations would be good.

I actually suggest you request a review on debian-l10n-english.

Please
note that dbconfig-common templates are huge so you might need to wait
a little before getting them reviewed....Also consider a call for
translation updates after the review and, preferrably *before* uploading.