When to give up on the "Last Translator" ?

Is there a script that I've missed that tells me when a translation
really needs to be switched from default podebconf-report behaviour
(email Last Translator, wait) to 'podebconf-report --call' ?

After all, translators can become MIA as easily as anyone else.

e.g. for emdebian-tools, I have lots of translations and I have sent out
emails for updates but some are, IMHO, unlikely to be updated because I
haven't had an update for previous calls either.

language        translated     fuzzy     untranslated
  cs                 8           2             3
  de                 8           2             3
  eu                 8           2             3
  fi                13
  fr                13
  gl                13
  it                 6           2             5
  ja                 0           2            11
  ml                 1           3             9
  nl                 1           3             9
  pt                13
  pt_BR              8           2             3
  ru                13
  sv                 8           2             3
  ta                 8           2             3
  vi                13

Those translators who have already replied are shown above as having no
fuzzy or untranslated messages, naturally. Thank you all.

Those translators who have 3 untranslated messages, I am perfectly happy
to receive those updates in due course. Please do not read this as a
request to rush the submission or hasten the update.

Those translators with 5 or more untranslated messages have missed at
least one opportunity to update the translation - those with 9 have
missed two and one has missed at least three.

The principle here is that the call goes out to all translators at the
same time with the same changes made to the POT and PO files so if all
translators are up to date, all figures should be the same. If changes
are incremental (as most probably would be), an increasing number of
missing strings should indicate an increasing number of updates missed
with those translations having the same number of missing strings having
missed the same number of opportunities. At the point of calling
podebconf-report-po, it should be possible to identify these strata.

I guess what I'm thinking of is something like:

$ podebconf-report-po --call --langs=ja,ml,nl

where --langs is interpreted as "assume these langs are untranslated and
omit them from the stats in the email" - some sort of comment could be
added to the template. Quite what happens about the old PO file I don't
know - probably don't want all those being sent to the list. Certainly
once the number of translated strings reaches zero there would be little
point worrying about the existing PO file - it could be built into
podebconf-report-po that if translated == 0 (and all the other
translations have one or more translated strings), behave as if that
language has never been translated.

I suppose I could brute-force it by temporarily deleting the relevant po
files and replacing from SVN later but that seems a gross hack (and
potentially misleading from the perspective of the mailing list).

If there was some way that podebconf-report-po could actually handle
this it would be even better (and probably provide a higher number of
translations overall).

--

Neil Williams