Re: Bad translation.

Hello,

I am forwarding your email to the team in charge of translating packages
descriptions (and Internationalization).
If you are interested, I am pretty sure you could help improving Russian
translation. I am not involved in this subject, but this page could be a
good start:  http://www.debian.org/international/l10n/ddtp

On Sun, 2008-12-28 at 00:21 +0300, A. D. wrote:
> Line "FLAC stands for Free Lossless Audio Codec. Grossly oversimplified,
> FLAC is similar to MP3, but
> lossless."(http://packages.debian.org/en/sid/flac) on
> http://packages.debian.org/lenny/flac was translated into Russian as
> "FLAC stands for Free Lossless Audio Codec -- is MP3, but lossless."
> Correctly it will sound as "FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec). Очень
> упрощённо, FLAC похож на MP3, только при кодировании не происходит
> никаких потерь качества."

Thank you for your contribution,

Franklin