From: Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org>
To: Debian Fonts Task Force <pkg-fonts-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org>; debian-i18n@lists.debian.org
Sent: Wednesday, October 15, 2008 11:13:21 AM
Subject: Debian lenny supports all scripts in Unicode 5.1 except for parts of Han

Hi all,

I noticed that Debian lenny (main only) contains a full set of glyphs
for each script in Unicode 5.0 (except for Han)!

After recompiling gucharmap with Unicode 5.1 data, I see that lenny
also has a full set of glyphs for each script in Unicode 5.1 (again,
except for Han)!

This is great news, Debian is now one step closer towards becoming the
Universal Operating System!

The recent upload of a newer unifont filled in a number of previously
unsupported scripts, thanks to Paul Hardy for working on it.

I've added this to the NewInLenny wiki page.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise