De: Frans Pop <elendil@planet.nl>
Para: debian-boot@lists.debian.org
Cc: debian-i18n@lists.debian.org
Assunto: [RFR] D-I Manual: new section on how to load firmware during
installs
Data: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 19:39:07 +0200

There was at least one important new feature of the installer missing in
the installation guide that IMO should be documented before we can
consider freezing it for the final translation update and upload for
Lenny. And that is the new option to load firmware during installation.

I have written a draft text for that. Review and comments welcome.

The main description is in a new section:
- http://people.debian.org/~fjp/tmp/d-i/manual/ch06s04.html

Besides that I've added short introductions regarding firmware with links
to the new section in the following places:
- http://people.debian.org/~fjp/tmp/d-i/manual/ch02s02.html
- http://people.debian.org/~fjp/tmp/d-i/manual/ch06s03.html

Note that the linked version of the manual also contains some other
uncommitted changes. The structure of chapter 2 has been revised a bit
because of the firmware changes.

Cheers,
FJP