Re: Neutral (non-national) symbols for languages

Quoting Samuel Gimeno (sgimeno@gmail.com):
> Maybe a square with the Iso code of the language...

That's probably about the only solution when one does want to put this
information in a very small block....where the language name in the
language itself will not fit (just try to put 'Secwepemctsin' in a
32x32 icon!).

However, there's a drawback: I'm not sure that all speakers of a given
language really know about the ISO 639-2 (or, worse, ISO 639-3) code
of their language.

Not even speaking about very well known misunderstandings such as "uk"
for Ukrainian...

But, anyway, there is certainly no other solution: long name, in
English, if enough room....or ISO code when short on space.

"Mix of flags" is impossible to use: what would one use for
Spanish, English, etc. (all those languages used officially in many
countries) and what about minority languages?

Anything graphical is subjective, imho....so we're only left with
text.