Help about localization packages

  Hi,

  I'm currently preparing the packaging of the Koha software (an
Integrated Library System).
  There is already a support for a big number of languages upstream.
I'm coming here to get advices about the packaging.

  Upstream store its language dependent files in repository with
non-classical names. For example: ar-Arab, bg-Cyrl, fr-FR, zh-Hans-CN, ...
I made a debian/rules target to automatically update debian/control
and debian/koha-l10n-XXX.install files (this target is not used for
standard builds: it must be triggered manually by the maintainer).
  But, to do that, I need a relation between
- the upstream name (ie zh-Hans-CN)
- the package name [after koha-l10n-] (ie zh-cn)
- the language name [for the Description] (ie "Chinese (China)")

To do that, I begin with the help of the iceweasel-l10n-* packages.
I applied the following rules :
A) if I can identify the language from upstream name and iceweasel packages,
   I use the same package name and language name.
   => it means that most of package names are the first two letter of
      upstream name but it is not an absolute rule (even when there seems
      to have no ambiguity such as with 'gl' -> 'gl-es',
      'fa-Arab' -> 'fa-ir')
   Can you check if my guesses are correct (and, if it exists, tell me
   where I can find a list with all 'extension') ?

B) there are some upstream name for which I do not know the corresponding
   debian name and language name.
   Can you help me for these ?

The debian/* files (control and rules in particular) can be seen here:
http://git.debian.org/?p=collab-maint/koha.git;a=tree;h=refs/heads/wip;f=debian

Relevant information extracted from debian/rules:
# upstream name I do not know how to interpret them (case B):
UNSUPPORTED_LANGS=am-Ethi es-VE hy-Armn kn-Knda lo-Laoo mi-NZ tet ur-Arab

# LL_NAME_(upstream name) is my guessed language name (for description)
# DEB_NAME_(upstream name) is my guessed debian name (when this is not
#   the first two letter of upstream name)
LL_NAME_ar-Arab=Arabic
LL_NAME_bg-Cyrl=Bulgarian
LL_NAME_da-DK=Danish
LL_NAME_de-DE=German
LL_NAME_el-GR=Greek
LL_NAME_en=English
LL_NAME_es-ES=Spanish (Spain)
DEB_NAME_es-ES=es-es
LL_NAME_fa-Arab=Persian
DEB_NAME_fa=fa-ir
LL_NAME_fi-FI=Finnish
LL_NAME_fr-FR=French
LL_NAME_gl=Galician
DEB_NAME_gl=gl-es
LL_NAME_he-Hebr=Hebrew
LL_NAME_hu-HU=Hungarian
LL_NAME_id-ID=Indonesian
LL_NAME_it-IT=Italian
LL_NAME_ja-Jpan-JP=Japanese
LL_NAME_ko-Kore-KP=Korean
LL_NAME_nb-NO=Bokmaal (Norway)
DEB_NAME_nb-NO=nb-no
LL_NAME_nl-NL=Dutch
LL_NAME_nn-NO=Nynorsk (Norway)
DEB_NAME_nn-NO=nn-no
LL_NAME_pl-PL=Polish
LL_NAME_pt-PT=Portuguese (Portugal)
DEB_NAME_pt-PT=pt-pt
LL_NAME_ru-RU=Russian
LL_NAME_sr-Cyrl=Serbian
LL_NAME_sv-SE=Swedish (Sweden)
DEB_NAME_sv-SE=sv-se
LL_NAME_tr-TR=Turkish
LL_NAME_uk-UA=Ukrainian
DEB_NAME_uk-UA=uk-ua
LL_NAME_zh-Hans-CN=Chinese (China)
DEB_NAME_zh-Hans-CN=zh-cn
LL_NAME_zh-Hans-TW=Chinese (Taiwan)
DEB_NAME_zh-Hans-TW=zh-tw

  So, I would be happy to get feedback about (non exhaustively):
- debian and language name guessed (or not) from upstream
- name (koha-l10n-XXX) and description text of localization packages
- ...

  Best regards,
    Vincent
--
Vincent Danjean       GPG key ID 0x9D025E87         vdanjean@debian.org
GPG key fingerprint: FC95 08A6 854D DB48 4B9A  8A94 0BF7 7867 9D02 5E87