Intent to NMU or help for an l10n upload of nap to fix pending po-debconf l10n bugs

Dear Debian maintainer,

The nap Debian package, which you are the maintainer of, has
pending bug report(s) which include translation updates or fixes
for po-debconf, namely bug number 475411 (and maybe other similar bugs).

Even though this bug is quite recent, the release of Debian is now
getting closer and an opportunity should be taken to not only fix
that l10n bug, but also get more translations for your package.
Even after the freeze, updates that only contain l10n are allowed. NOW is th emoment to fix this.

In case you can't update your package, I have the intention, as part
of a more general action of the Debian i18n Task Force to build and
possibly upload a non-maintainer upload for nap in order to fix
this as well as all pending translations for the debconf templates.

Of course, as you seem pretty active on that package, an upload by you
would also be OK...as long as it allows a round of translation
updates.

Such changes are always harmless, which explains why I safely consider
building NMU's for such issues even though they're obviously non critical.

The schedule for the NMU (in case it happens, that is if you agree with it
or if I don't receive any answer in 14 days) is roughly the following:

 Wednesday, August 06, 2008   : send this notice
 Wednesday, August 20, 2008       : post a NMU announcement to debian-i18n with you
                 (maintainer) CC'ed
 Saturday, August 30, 2008       : deadline for receiving translation updates
 Sunday, August 31, 2008       : build the package and upload it to DELAYED/2-day
                 send the NMU patch to the BTS
 Tuesday, September 02, 2008       : NMU reaches incoming

If you intent to upload yourself, please discuss with me. I propose
handling a translation update round and I can handle it myself for you.
That will just require a few days.

In case I upload an NMU, I will subscribe to the Package Tracking System for
nap and follow its life for 60 days after my NMU in order to fix
any issue potentially introduced by my upload.

Let me know, as soon as possible, if you have any kind of objection to this
process.

If you'd rather do the fix yourself, I will of course leave the package
alone. Same if you have reasons not to do the update now.