All spaces unreakable in Russian keyboard layout

Hello,

I am using lenny, installed about a week ago by the d-i daily build (July
22, I think) and updated today (July 29). I am in Ireland, and my locale
is en_IE.UTF-8. However I also want to enter Russian text, and have
modified xorg.conf to be able to toggle Irish and Russian layouts.

Unfortunately. while the Irish layout works normally, in the Russian
layout all spaces are entered as unbreakable. They are shown as grey in
OpenOffice.org, and word wrap does not work on them in text entry forms in
Iceweasel. (If I enter a space in the Irish layout, it works normally,
even if the surrounding letters are all Russian).

What can I do to fix it? Am I doing something wrong now?

This is the keyboard part of my xorg.conf:

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Generic Keyboard"
        Driver          "kbd"
        Option          "XkbRules"      "xorg"
        Option          "XkbModel"      "pc105"
        Option          "XkbLayout"     "ie,ru"
        Option          "XKbOptions"    "grp:alt_shift_toggle,grp_led:scroll"
EndSection

Yours, Mikhail Ramendik
Galway, Ireland