Re: How to avoid line breaks during msgmerge calls?

Hi,

On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 10:22:37AM +0200, Jens Seidel wrote:

> I noticed already very often that after each msgmerge call (often
> started by make -C po update-po for GNU programs) line breaks in PO
> files change. I don't talk about wrapping a 200 character width string
> into lines with 78 characters but about changing 77 into 78 or other
> minor wraps.

I'm also experiencing this, but did not investigate.
(I preferred to rerun msgcat in those cases).

In my cases, it appeared with some po4a PO files.
Was it also in your case?

The wrapping of reference line also changes sometimes.

I will try to get a better look next time.

My guess is that there are different wrapping mechanisms implemented in
different tools.
I also wondered if the terminal size does not influence the wrapping.

Regards,
--
Nekral