Re: [Pkg-openssl-devel] Intent to NMU openssl to fix pending po-debconf l10n bugs

On Wed, May 07, 2008 at 07:41:40AM +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:
> Dear Debian maintainer,
>
> The openssl Debian package, which you are the maintainer of, has
> pending bug report(s) which include translation updates or fixes
> for po-debconf, namely bug number 461597 (and maybe other similar bugs).
>
> Even if we're still far from the release of the next Debian version,
> letting such bugs sleep in the BTS  is simply lowering
> the chances that your package interaction with its users may be done
> in something else than the English language. It is also not
> encouraging for translators.

Those translations are only used when they get activated by me.  So
they're low priority for me.  I will of course include them in the next
upload, but I don't see a reason to do an upload just for them.  In
normal cases nobody should see the messages.

Anyway, if you feel like doing an NMU for it, feel free to do so.

Also note that the package has a udeb and so is frozen.  If you want to
get it into testing you'll also have to ask the release and d-i team
to approve it.

Kurt