Re: schroot 1.2.0-1: Please translate debconf PO for the package schroot

Christian Perrier <bubulle@debian.org> writes:

> (no need to CC me on answers)
>
> Quoting Roger Leigh (rleigh@debian.org):
>> Dear Debian I18N people,
>>
>> I would like to know if some of you would be interested in translating
>> schroot.
>>
>> schroot already includes cs.po de.po en.po eu.po fr.po pt.po sv.po vi.po.
>> So do not translate it to these languages (the translators will be
>> contacted separately).
>

> Did you CC teams when calling for updates (that means use the
> "--languageteam" switch of podebconf-report-po)?
>
> Translators are unfortunately often "perishable material"....so CC'ing
> translation teams allows their coordinator to reassign the work to
> someone else when we know that someone is MIA.

Thanks for the suggestion.  I used

  podebconf-report-po --call --withtranslators --podir=/home/rleigh/projects/schroot/po

I'll add --languageteam and repeat this.

By the way, while this is a Debian-native package, the translations
are not debconf templates, they are basic gettext message catalogues.
Is there are more appropriate tool to use for that, or is --notdebconf
sufficient?

Thanks,
Roger

--