Re: [Translation-i18n] pgettext() availability in Debian?

Hello Clytie,

Thanks for the forward. You know I cannot read so many mailing lists :-)

Hello Adam,

> > I need to be able to call
> > [d[c]]pgettext(), as described in the gettext manual[1].
> >
> > Despite having all the gettext-related packages that I can find
> > installed on my system, these functions do not appear to be declared
> > anywhere.[2] Is there a package I should have installed?

The manual [1] says:
  "The gettext.h include file contains the lookup macros for strings with
   contexts..."

The gettext.h file is documented in [2]. In particular,
  "Do not install the gettext.h file in public locations. Every package
   that needs it should contain a copy of it on its own."

You get a copy of gettext.h either from
  /usr/include/share/gettext/gettext.h
(if it's missing there, it's a packaging bug of the Debian package), or from
gnulib [3] module 'gettext-h' [4].

Bruno

[1] http://www.gnu.org/software/gettext/manual/gettext.html#Contexts
[2] http://www.gnu.org/software/gettext/manual/gettext.html#lib_002fgettext_002eh