Re: Please review kernel-package internationalization

On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 01:26:49PM +0900, Kenshi Muto wrote:

> Hi,
>
> A few monthes ago, I sent a patch to kernel-package to make
> its debconf messages (such as upgrade notice) translatable.
> This is Debian bug#451379
> (http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=451379), and there
> is a patch in it also.

Excellent! About the only support calls I get from non english
speakers is for kernel updates, where a screenful of english text
tells about the need to reboot. I have tried to convince them to just
press OK, but I need to go there and do the update myself. It is
actually wise to not press OK if user has no idea what this OK is
about, so getting the update messages translated is a big improvment.

Cheers for this patch and commit it soon.

--
Tapio Lehtonen
tapio.lehtonen@iki.fi