Re: [D-I] Only a few days left to update core Debian Installer translations

Quoting Jens Seidel (jensseidel@users.sf.net):
> On Sat, Feb 09, 2008 at 07:50:31AM +0100, Christian Perrier wrote:
> > and note that I still have worries about the 14
> > languages that had no update since Etch.
>
> Because the strings used for Etch are currently no longer used?
> You and a few other such as Helge clearly mentioned the last days on
> this list that even a incomplete translation is very useful. Please
> don't change your mind.

There is no mind change. These languages will not be de-activated, if
that's what you feared.

However, I *do* have worries when I see no single update since
Etch. Some strings that were changed or added *are* used in quite
common installs, even in *default* installs.

My concern abou tlaguages that had no update since Etch is that the
translator is very likely to be inactive or unreachable.

Since Etch was released, I sent *three* call for updates to a wide
range of people for each incomplete language:

- Last-Translator
- Language-Team
- backup translator(s) listed in install/doc/i18n/languages.xml
- some personal contacts

> Yep, to get even more updates would be fine. Nevertheless I strongly hope
> there will be later not again rejections of incomplete translations ...

The policy is yet to be defined but there might be some.

After the lenny beta 1 release, we will activate the sublevels feature
that will sort stings in 5 sublevels. Completing at least the first
two sublevels will be mandatory for a language to be kept.