Re: D-I Manual - String freeze / Call to update translations (deadline: Feb 10)

G'day all :)

On 27/01/2008, at 3:43 AM, Frans Pop wrote:

As it's almost a year since the last upload and a D-I Beta release is being prepared, now seems like a good time to do a release of the Installation
Guide.

So, please update your translations before *Sunday February 10*.

Currently there are 4 translations that are up-to-date:
German, French, Russian and Simplified Chinese.

All other translations need updating. There have not been a huge number of
changes since the last release, so 2 weeks should be plenty of time.
With this deadline, the upload should reach testing before the D-I Beta.

I've started updating: are the PO files automatically updated so I only need to work on the current files in the "vi" dir?

Also, Frans, would you please consider using msgid-previous? This gettext feature shows the translator a diff between the previous and current string, which is particularly useful when the string is long or complex. It's ideal for doc translations.

It comes with all recent gettext packages (along with msgctxt, which is very useful for contextual info).

Thankyou. :)

from Clytie

Vietnamese Free Software Translation Team
http://vnoss.net/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=projects:l10n