Re: po-debconf 1.0.10: Please translate manpages PO for the package po-debconf

Hi everyone :)

On 02/10/2007, at 4:32 AM, Nicolas François wrote:

Hello Clytie,

I just remember that groff is not able to display Vietnamese manpages.
(This may change in a near future)

Drat. I forgot that.

There's still groff-utf8 [1], though. It displays my pilot translated manpage (find1) correctly on my system (OSX).

Depending on the status of the translation, you can just cancel it, or I
will convert the Vietnames manpages to HTML and provide them in
    /usr/share/doc/po-debconf/Vietnamese
(If the current translation is not complete, but some manpages are
complete or nearly complete I will also do it)

Really sorry for the inconvenience,

No problem. The more translations we have, the greater the motivation for manpage readers to support UTF-8. ;)

I'll keep working on it. I agree with Helge that quite a few strings need review: perhaps manpages can also go through Debian-English's review process?

from Clytie

Vietnamese Free Software Translation Team
http://vnoss.net/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=projects:l10n

[1] http://www.haible.de/bruno/packages-groff-utf8.html