Re: Multiple POT files in one upstream source

On Sun, 29 Jul 2007 14:19:16 +0100
Neil Williams <codehelp@debian.org> wrote:

> I have an upstream, unreleased, application that also builds a shared
> library (with public API, -dbg and -dev and is also unreleased). Both
> the library and the application contain translated strings. The strings
> for translation in the library are also likely to be used by other
> applications that want to use that library.
>
> I'm having trouble working out how to get multiple po/ directory
> support working with gettext because the paths never seem to be correct
> between Makefile.in, Makevars and POTFILES.in.
>
> If I have:
> ./configure.in
> ./src/program.c
> ./src/po
> ./src/objects/library.c
> ./src/objects/po

OK, just for the record (and for Google), the basic solution was to
change that to:
./configure.in
./src/program.c
./po/program.pot
./src/objects/library.c
./po-lib/library.pot

The po/ directories need to have the po prefix and be in the top-level.
Once that is sorted (and the paths changed back to match), the rest of
the changes were easier.

http://www.linux.codehelp.co.uk/serendipity/index.php?/archives/34-Multiple-po-directories-in-a-single-upstream-package.html

--

Neil Williams