Re: Standard way to mention copyright holder in PO files

On Sun, Jul 08, 2007 at 02:14:11PM +0200, Nicolas François wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 07, 2007 at 08:54:08PM -0500, Ming Hua wrote:
> > On Sat, Jul 07, 2007 at 04:19:15PM +0200, Nicolas François wrote:
>
> > > I'm thinking about something like:
> > >
> > > "Last-Translator: FULL NAME <EMAIL@ADDRESS>\n"
> > > "Language-Team: LANGUAGE <LL@li.org>\n"
> > > "Translator[0]: FULL NAME <EMAIL@ADDRESS>, YEAR\n"
> > > "Translator[1]: FULL NAME <EMAIL@ADDRESS>, YEAR, YEAR\n"
> > > "Translator[2]: FULL NAME <EMAIL@ADDRESS>, YEAR, YEAR-YEAR\n"
> >
> > What about the translations whose copyright is transfered to FSF (which
> > is acutally quite common, either due to explicit request by FSF, such as
> > all the TP translations, or due to careless translators just using the
> > default header generated by gettext) or (in Debian's case) SPI?
> >
> > What about some translators that don't want to hold copyright for
> > his/her translation, but the team still want to credit his/her work by
> > listing him/her as a translator?
>
> We could differentiate
>         Copyright (C) FULL NAME <EMAIL@ADDRESS>, YEAR
> and
>         FULL NAME <EMAIL@ADDRESS>, YEAR

What do you think of using "Copyright-Holder" field?  IMHO, if we decide
to start using fields to record the copyright/license field, we'd better
try putting all necessary information in the fields, instead of having a
"need to check both file header and information fields" situation.  That
would unavoidably lead to controversial information.  I also like the
idea of "License" field.

Ming
2007.07.08