Re: Please update debconf PO translation for the package dhcp3 3.0.4-15

Hello,
On Sun, May 27, 2007 at 10:44:58PM +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:
> # Should probably be dropped
> Template: dhcp3-server/new_next-server_behaviour
> Type: note
>  From version 3.0.3, the DHCP server's default value of the

Wouldn't this be "From version 3.0.3 onward" (and I would drop the
comma)?

>  next-server directive has changed. If you are network booting clients, and

Is it really "network booting"? I'd rather say "If you boot clients
over the network".

Also in the previous question you talked about a statement (and
used '' for the name) while here you use "directive" and no quotes?

>  your TFTP server is your DHCP server, you need to explicitly set a
>  next-server directive to state this. Please see
>  /usr/share/doc/dhcp3-server/NEWS.Debian.gz and
>  /usr/share/doc/dhcp3-common/RELNOTES.gz for more information.

> Template: dhcp3-relay/servers
> Type: string
>  Please enter the hostname or IP address of at least one DHCP server
>  to which DHCP and BOOTP requests should be relayed.
>  .
>  You can specify multiple, space-separated, server names or

IMHO no comma after "space-separated".

>  IP addresses.

> Template: dhcp3-relay/interfaces
> Type: string
>  Please enter the space-separated names of the network interfaces
>  that the DHCP relay should attempt to configure.

I'd drop "that".

>  .
>  Leave this field blank to allow for automatic detection and
>  configuration of network interfaces by the DHCP relay, in which case
>  only broadcast interfaces will be used (if possible).

> Template: dhcp3-relay/options
> Type: string
>  Please specify any additional options for the DHCP relay daemon.
>  .
>  For example: "-m replace" or "-a -D".

Is there some guideline when to use which types of quotes?

> # Should probably be dropped
> Template: dhcp3-client/dhclient-script_moved
> Type: note
>  As of 3.0.4-2, dhclient-script is installed in /sbin and is no longer

s/of/of version/

>  registered as a configuration file. /etc/dhcp3/dhclient-script
>  appears to have been modified at some point, so it has not been
>  removed. However it is no longer being used.

Are you reviewing for commas? At least after "However" a comma is
required. From a stylistic point of few, I'd move the "however" in the
middle: "It is, however, no longer being used."

>  .
>  Please consider using the hook infrastructure (see dhclient-script(8)
>  for more information) instead of modifying dhclient-script.

> # Should probably be dropped
> Template: dhcp3-client/dhclient-needs-restarting
> Type: note
>  As always, dhclient is not restarted on upgrade, so you are still running the
>  previous version of dhclient. You can restart it by doing an ifdown and ifup

I suggest s/doing/performing/

>  on the interface(s) that are configured to use DHCP, or by explicitly killing
>  and restarting dhclient.
>  .
>  Naturally, you should exercise caution if you are managing a remote server via
>  an interface using DHCP.

Greetings

              Helge

--