Re: D-I Manual - Final call to update translations (deadline: Mar 18)

On Saturday 03 March 2007 22:11, Frans Pop wrote:
> So, a call for a final effort to update your translations of the manual
> for Etch. The deadline is *Sunday 18 March*.

With 2 days left to go, it is time for a last update.

Most translations are now up-to-date and Hungarian is once again fully
translated for i386 and amd64.

The following translations still need work:
- Japanese: 2 files outdated
- Portuguese (BR): 1 file untranslated
- Greek: 9 fuzzy and 11 untranslated strings

We have not seen any updates yet for Vietnamese and Clytie has also not
responded to any other recent requests for translation updates. This
probably means that Clytie is too ill at the moment to be able to do
translation work.
For that reason and as there have been no really major changes since the
last upload, I have decided to make an exception for Vietnamese and
include the translation as it was for the previous upload. I have been
able to merge in some of the most important updates.
Of course we hope Clytie will be back soon.

Translators who directly translate XML-files may have noticed that there
are improved translation statistics [1] available now. These statistics
have been created by Jordà Polo.
The homepage for the manual on alioth [2] has direct links to these
statistics for the various languages.

Cheers,
FJP

[1] http://ettin.org/pub/debian/dimstats/