Re: Starting a project to review ALL debconf templates in packages

On Mon, 2007-03-05 at 22:38 +0100, Thomas Huriaux wrote:
> > A 7 days delay is given to the package maintainer to ACK for this
> > action or deny it.
>
> Why would you ask for an ACK to submit a wishlist bug proposing an
> improvement? I would move this ACK request between step4 and step5
> (which would also give time to maintainers to "review the review" before
> starting the translation updates).

One good reason can be because work is already underway. For example,
I'm planning to change a few things about some of my packages after the
release, and those changes may well influence the content of the
templates (or whether those templates are required at all). It would
therefore potentially be a waste of time to continue without waiting for
the maintainer to speak up.

Thijs