Re: Intent to NMU myodbc to fix pending po-debconf l10n bugs

Hi Christian,

On Sun, Oct 14, 2007 at 02:09:08PM +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:
> Dear (lazy) Debian maintainer,
> (kidding him, of course)

> The myodbc Debian package, which you are the maintainer of, has
> pending bug report(s) which include translation updates or fixes
> for po-debconf, namely bug number 397639 (and maybe other similar bugs).

> Even if we're still far from the release of the next Debian version,
> letting such bugs sleep in the BTS  is simply lowering
> the chances that your package interaction with its users may be done
> in something else than the English language. It is also not
> encouraging for translators.

Yes, they have been allowed to accumulate somewhat; let's take care of this
now.  You shouldn't need to NMU this, I've incorporated all of the pending
translations into my working directory, except for Spanish which I have a
question on which I want to raise with the translator first.

I have received one new Finnish translation that I've received since you
sent out this mail.  Should I expect to receive more translations soon, or
should I upload once the Spanish translation is settled?

> Such changes are always harmless, which explains why I safely consider
> building NMU's for such issues even though they're obviously non critical.

... except for that one time you NMUed a package for translations and
something else broke ;D

Thanks,