Re: [g-i] Use of ttf-dejavu for rendering Georgian text

Hi,

sorry for the late reply, I am still catching up with the messages
back from vacation.

> as I reported in [1], version 2.18 of ttf-dejavu (currently in sid), adds
> support for Georgian ...
> g-i still includes and uses Georgian glyphs coming from ttf-bpg-georgian-fonts-udeb
> but I'd like to change it as to switch to use ttf-dejavu if it's ok with
> native speakers (in cc).

Yes, this would be fine. I have taken a look at the screenshots
provided and the quality of rendering Georgian text is acceptable on
ttf-dejavu.

BPG Glaho typeface from ttf-bpg-georgian-fonts-udeb is visually
better, meaning it better represents the characteristics of Georgian
alphabet, but the glyphs in ttf-dejavu are well readable and therefore
acceptable.

I no longer see reason why we should use an extra package of
ttf-bpg-georgian-fonts-udeb in g-i.

May I inquire about the origin of the Georgian glyphs in ttf-dejavu?

Regards,
Aiet Kolkhi