Re: DDTP: Please remove pl_PL and merge it with pl

On Sat, Jul 14, 2007 at 03:01:13AM -0500, Ming Hua wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 12, 2007 at 08:10:19PM +0200, Michael Bramer wrote:
> >
> > ok, we have now still this problems:
>
> Since there seems to be an effort to clean up language code for DDTP,
> may I ask the admins to get rid of zh (Chinese)?  It currently has 21
> active translations from 22 translations.

Right, I noticed this too.

> Chinese must be separated as (at least) zh_CN and zh_TW, as although
> they are the same language, they use different scripts.  I have no idea
> what script the current zh translations are, is there an easy way to
> review them?  I'll do that and put them into correct category.
>
> Also please make sure DDTP/DDTSS do not accept ambiguous zh translations
> anymore.

Can you please check http://ddtp.debian.net/debian/dists/sid/main/i18n/
and merge zh transaltion manually with either zh_CN or zh_TW (via mail
interface), we cannot do this without knowledge of the language and
don't wont to drop all 22 translations.

But are you really sure that it is not possible to convert a common
Chinese translation into zh_CN AND zh_TW? Please note that this is done
by the Debian website, there is only a single translation but multiple
output encodings!?

Could someone please explain this? Why waste time for two
encodings/scripts if one is sufficient?

Jens