Re: Standard way to mention copyright holder in PO files

On Sat, Jul 07, 2007 at 04:19:15PM +0200, Nicolas François wrote:

> I wonder if the copyright holders could not be specified in some header
> fields. PO editors could update automatically the list of copyright
> holders and dates.

I agree with the general idea of unified format for copyright
informations, but I don't think using PO header fields as below will
cover all situations.

> I'm thinking about something like:
>
> "Last-Translator: FULL NAME <EMAIL@ADDRESS>\n"
> "Language-Team: LANGUAGE <LL@li.org>\n"
> "Translator[0]: FULL NAME <EMAIL@ADDRESS>, YEAR\n"
> "Translator[1]: FULL NAME <EMAIL@ADDRESS>, YEAR, YEAR\n"
> "Translator[2]: FULL NAME <EMAIL@ADDRESS>, YEAR, YEAR-YEAR\n"

What about the translations whose copyright is transfered to FSF (which
is acutally quite common, either due to explicit request by FSF, such as
all the TP translations, or due to careless translators just using the
default header generated by gettext) or (in Debian's case) SPI?

What about some translators that don't want to hold copyright for
his/her translation, but the team still want to credit his/her work by
listing him/her as a translator?

Ming
2007.07.07