Re: I18N question about shortcuts.

On Tue, Jun 19, 2007 at 08:44:11AM -0500, Paul Elliott wrote:

> Do translators know how "_" is used to define shortcuts and how to
> choose "_" character to avoid duplications?

AFAIK, there are no ways to guess what will work for the translator.
It is recommended to the translators to use there work to check these
kinds of issues.

> What comments are appropriate to inform translators what is going on?
>
> Any sample code with appropriate comments?

I would find it useful to have some kind of comment in the PO, like:

# menu: menu1 menu2 menu5
msgid "..."
msgstr ""

# menu: menu4 menu5
msgid "..."
msgdtr ""

This would make the PO file automatically checkable.

--
Nekral