Script for backporting translations

Hi list

I am looking for a script that can backport translations from the latest version to a production version. This is needed for the skolelinux project. We are now releasing the etch version, and KDE will be at 3.5.5 for a long time.

The translator are working on the HEAD of KDE, now 3.5.8 I think. So we want to be able to update fixes in the translation back to 3.5.5. This is very important since most of the translation errors are discovered by the users, and we need a system to update translations in the production version of skolelinux.

To avoid double work, we will only update the latest translations when we find errors, and then backport it back to production version.

When there are strings with errors that are no longer available in the HEAD, we of course need to fix it in the 3.5.5 version only.

The backport script need to do this:

- Merge HEAD.po with STABLE.po with these rules:
	1 If msgid's are equal and msgstr's are different => use msgstr
	  from HEAD.po
	2 Any msgid in STABLE.po that are not in HEAD.po should be left
	  with its current msgstr.
	3 Any msgid in HEAD.po that are not in STABLE.po should be
	  discarded.

Point 1 could be done with msgmerge -U HEAD.po STABLE.po. But it clutters point 2 since it don't look at the msgstr in STABLE.po.

Are there anyone who can help?

Håvard