Debian translators: please take care to report translation udpates against the correct package(s)

(this mail is BCC'ed to the original bug reporter who made the mistake
and the translation coordinator for the relevant language, but the
problem I want to point here is becoming quite common and happens for
many translation teams and translators)

>     * #419524: [INTL:ml] Updated Malayalam debconf template translation of ALSA
>       Package: alsa-driver_1.0.13-5; Severity: wishlist; Reported by:
>                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>       <bug reporter undisclosed>; Tags: l10n, patch.
>     * #419526: [INTL:ml] Updated Malayalam debconf template translation of APACHE
>       Package: apache_1.3.34-4.1; Severity: wishlist; Reported by:
>                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> <bug reporter undisclosed>; Tags: l10n, patch.
>     * #419527: [INTL:ml] Updated Malayalam debconf template
> translation of Mplayer
>       Package: mplayer_1.0~rc1-13; Severity: wishlist; Reported by:
> <bug reporter undisclosed>; Tags: l10n, patch.

I would like to bring the attention of all Debian translators on the way
you report debconf translation updates and more generally all
translation updates related to a given package.

Please note that the package against which you should report the debconf
translation update is the *source package*.

The name you should use is the NAME OF THE PACKAGE ALONE, not the
package-version combination, not a funny name like "foo_debian_po_tlh.po".

It is deeply suggested that you use the reportbug or reportbug-ng utilities.

In case you can't do so (for instance if you use another operating
system), you can report bugs by sending a mail to submit@debian.org
*with the following lines as first lines in the mail body*:

Package: foo
Tags: l10n patch
Severity: wishlist

"foo" *MUST* be *ONLY* the package name, as said above.

More documentation about the way to report bugs against Debian package
may be found at http://bugs.debian.org.

The Debian Installer i18n doc also gives hints which are more targeted
at translation work: http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/i18n-doc/ape.html

Any misdirected bug has to be manually processed by the Debian QA team
members who have to figure out which package the translation is related
to and then reassign the bug to this package. Of course, the time spent
in this is not spent on other more productive tasks.