Re: Planned changes to D-I "level 1" translation framework

On Tue, Apr 10, 2007 at 12:39:22PM +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:
> I plan some changes to the D-I translation framework.

[...]
> My proposal is to split this out in 2 or more "sublevels" (the plan is
> currently to use two levels):

My question is, can translators still choose to translate the big PO
file with everything in it instead of the split sublevel files?

This would make the work easy for languages that are almost 100%
translated, as the translators only need to translate several strings
each time, and don't need to deal with multiple files.  But I understand
the benefit is quite minimal, and there are potentially quite big
disadvantages for translators of different languages to work
differently.

Ming
2007.04.12