Re: unblock request: utf8-migration-tool

On Thursday 01 February 2007 20:59, Christian Perrier wrote:
> Quoting Martin-Éric Racine (q-funk@iki.fi):
> > fjp supports inclusion into Etch.

Just see my name mentioned here...
Note that I have not looked at the tool at all. My support is more general
in nature: "it would be nice to have something like that as the preferred
encoding is switching to UTF-8 with Etch".

I support the idea of it, but I also think that the people behind it
should do some extra work to make the tool visible to users:
- there should be a page (wiki?) explaining how to convert a system from
  old encodings to UTF-8;
- there should be a proposed text for inclusion in the release notes;
- possibly other.

Without at least these components, the tool is probably pretty useless in
practice...