Re: D-I Manual - Last call: only one week left (deadline: Jan 22)

On Thursday 28 December 2006 03:00, Frans Pop wrote:
> RELEASE TIMELINE
> ================
>
> Jan 15: Initial upload
> Jan 21: Last chance to commit translation updates
> Jan 22: Second upload, final version for the release

Currently the following translations are complete:
cs, de, fr, it, ja, pt_BR, ru, sv, zh_CN

These translations will certainly be included in the initial upload
tomorrow. Thanks for the hard work.

The new Hungarian translation stands at 79%, but has a smart translator
who has managed to get the i386 variant of the manual to almost 100%
which makes it suitable for release. I've mailed to the l10n list with a
list of things that still should be done.

Vietnamese is currently at 95%. I hope Clytie will manage to complete this
before tomorrow, but I certainly expect no problems for next week.

Finnish stands at 87% and may not make it due to personal circumstances of
the translator, which is very unfortunate.

Most worrysome are the following translations:
- Spanish: 50+ files needing update (some new)
- Brazilian: 60 files needing update (some new)
- Greek: 84%
- Korean: 84%
- Traditional Chinese (zh_TW): 63%

I expect Spanish and Brazilian to make it in time (knowing their
translators), but please get started with your updates if you want your
translation included on Etch installation CDs.

Cheers,
FJP