Re: Status of pootle@deb18n

Hello from Extremadura, only meters away from Churros... while I listen to the President of Extremadura encouraging other regions and Governments to use Open Source.

(II International Congress  of Technological Literacy).

I am copying Dwayne on this to have confirmation, I personally do not see any problem to create a new logo that mixes both Debian and Wordforge, but we do have to first make a quick internal check We could shape the Debian logo with "churro" texture.

We have three different logos for the WordForge Foundation, for the WordForge project and for Pootle. I think that the one we can use here is the Pootle logo, it is also the easier one to combine.

By the way, Dwayne just got an important award for the best NGO based ICT initiative in Africa...

Cheers,

Javier

Christian Perrier wrote:
Quoting Eddy Petri?or (eddy.petrisor@gmail.com):
Christian Perrier wrote:
Ah, and we would very much welcome a nice mixed Debian/WordForge logo
for the server. Nicolas François already did a nice one with the
Pootle mascot and a swirl background.
Would you like something like the logo I made for the Debian Games Team?

http://pkg-games.alioth.debian.org/debian-games-p0.png

Well, the point here is mixing Wordforge and Debian logos together as
well as both names.....

Of course before making this "official" by putting it on the Pootle
server, we will ask the Wordforge Board of Directors as well as
debian-legal (I guess this is the right place to ask...MJ Ray can
enlighten us on these issues, probably) whether such mix is OK by
them.